Our integration with DocuSign allows users to view and send documents within Practifi using DocuSign functionality. Document status can be viewed on related Key Entity records to give a full picture of where essential documents are in your firm's workflows without needing to navigate off the platform. This article outlines the steps necessary to enable the DocuSign integration within your Practifi organization.
**Note: This content is intended for system administrators and is technical in nature. Please discuss your integration installation plans with your Practifi Customer Support Team for their assistance.*
- Before You Begin
- Initial Setup
- Basic Configuration
Before You Begin
As a verified app, official support and updated documentation for the DocuSign integration and its AppExchange App are provided by DocuSign and not from Practifi. However, Practifi has provided the following instructions to aid in the setup and use of DocuSign alongside Practifi. Official documentation regarding DocuSign can be accessed within DocuSign's support center.
To install the DocuSign integration within your Practifi organization or Practifi sandbox environment, please follow the instructions provided by DocuSign. These instructions for installing the DocuSign Apps Launcher Package can be accessed within DocuSign's support center.
Connect DocuSign Accounts to Practifi
After installing the DocuSign Apps Launcher Package, the following instructions provided by DocuSign can be used to connect your DocuSign account to Practifi.
Please note: These instructions are by no means comprehensive coverage of all the potential features and benefits possible when using DocuSign with Practifi. The following sections cover the basics of adding DocuSign components to Practifi pages. These sections should be used as starting points for your own custom DocuSign implementation with Practifi. A comprehensive video guide created by the DocuSign team can be viewed here.
Adding DocuSign eSignature Buttons to Practifi Pages
- In the App Launcher within Practifi, search for and access the DocuSign Apps Launcher.
- Within the DocuSign Apps Launcher page, select the DocuSign Setup tab and then select the eSignature tab on the left-hand side under the Configuration header.
- Select the Buttons tab located on the main screen.
- Select an object you would like to use as a source for an eSignature action, and then select all relevant page layouts. This will make the Send With DocuSign action available on the object.
- Next, the Send With DocuSign action will need to be added to the Practifi page. To do so, navigate to an instance of the object selected in the last step within Practifi. In most cases, this will be an Entity, meaning a Client or Prospect record should be selected.
- Select the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner of the screen and select Edit Page from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Highlights Panel.
- On the left-hand side of the screen, select Add Action.
- Scroll down to locate the Send with DocuSign action and select this option.
- Press the Save button to finalize the addition of this action. Once the page has been activated, the Send with DocuSign action should be available within your Practifi organization. Clicking this action will open a new tab where you can begin a DocuSign eSignature flow.
Adding DocuSign Components to Practifi Pages
The DocuSign package includes page components that can be added to a record page in Practifi. This process is similar to adding other components to a Practifi page.
- Navigate to a page in Practifi where you would like to add a DocuSign component. This will typically be an Entity or Contact record within your Practifi organization.
- On the page, select the gear icon in the upper right-hand and select Edit Page from the drop-down menu.
- On the page editor, scroll down to where you would like to add the component.
- In the components menu, search for DocuSign to see the available components and drag them onto the page. Optionally, also add the Practifi - Navigation Section component directly above the DocuSign component and give it a label of DocuSign for quick navigation.
- Save and activate the page to finalize your changes.