While the information you collect from each client can vary, there are usually a handful of data points that are critical for your business and compliance. Ensuring each record has data points like addresses or social security numbers filled out can be time-consuming. The Missing Information field on Key Entity records streamlines this process by presenting the still-needed data points as a single, comma-separated list.
- Viewing Missing Information
- Missing Information Tiles
- Field Tracking
- Customization Considerations
Viewing Missing Information
Missing information is summarized at the Key Entity level. This means that for Households and Organizations, any information missing from a Primary Member or Spouse is shown in the Missing Information field at the Household/Organization level.
For example, imagine the Feldman, Dirk and Anya household, where the Phone and State of Residence field were missing from the Household record itself, Dirk was missing his Citizenship Status and Gender, and Anya was missing her SSN. The Missing Information field value seen on the Household record would be: “Phone, State of Residence (Household), Citizenship Status, Gender (Dirk), SSN (Anya)”.
Missing Information Tiles
On the Home Page of the Advisor, Client Service, Compliance and Team Member apps, users can view Key Entity records that are flagged to have missing information in the Missing Information tile within the My Alerts & Exceptions tile row.
The following fields are tracked by default:
- Households and Organizations: Email, Phone, Postal Address, State of Residence
- Individuals and Contacts: Birthdate, Citizenship Status, Employment Status, Gender, Postal Address, SSN
If any of the above fields are blank within a record, it will be flagged as missing information and displayed within the Missing Information field. It will also cause the Key Entity record to be displayed within the Missing Information tile on the Home Page of the Advisor, Client Service, Compliance and Team Member apps.
System Administrators can change the tracked fields based on your firm’s requirements. To configure these fields:
- Navigate to Salesforce Setup by selecting the cog icon in the upper right-hand corner and Setup from the drop-down menu.
- Use the Quick Find search bar on the left-hand side to search for and select Custom Settings.
- Select Manage next to Missing Information Settings.
- Update the fields within this section. You will need to specify fields based on their API names. The order in which you specify them will be the order in which they are shown within the field itself.
- Once the changes are made, select Save to finalize your configuration changes.
The following items have been modified by this feature. If your firm has customized them, then you’ll need to either copy the changes into your customized version or switch to the default version and redo your changes.
Article is closed for comments.