Your Practifi instance comes with some preloaded Relationship Types. Still, occasionally your firm may need to create a custom Relationship Type to capture a specific relationship a person or entity may have to another entity record. This article outlines the steps to create new Relationship Types within your Practifi organization.
- Select the App Launcher located in the upper left-hand corner of Practifi.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Settings app.
- Within the Settings app, use the Navigation Menu to select Relationship Types.
- On the Relationship Types list view, select the New button located on the right-hand side.
- In the Relationship Type Name field, enter the name of the relationship as you would like it to display within the Relationship Type picklist.
- Enter a value in the Code value. For example, a relationship type of Accountant may have a Code value of RTACCOUNTANT. The Code value will need to be unique from other Relationship Types created in your organization.
- In the Entity Type field, select the entity name that you would like to have this relationship type be available for selection on from the Available list. The name will highlight blue when selected. Once chosen, select the top arrow button to add the selection to the Chosen list. All Entity Types can be selected under one Relationship Type.
- From the Action Type Available list, select what type of relationship to determine where this relationship will display on the record. The name will highlight blue when selected. Once chosen, select the top arrow button to add the selection to the Chosen list. Both Member and Relationship can be selected under one Relationship Type.
- Member - A relationship made with this Action Type will display the relationship under the Household Members section on the Overview record page and under the Members tab on the People & Relationships page.
- Relationship - A relationship made with this Action Type will only display under the Relationships tab on the People & Relationships page.
- Press Save to finalize this Relationship Type creation and have this Relationship Type available for selection in your organization. Save & New can be selected if creating multiple Relationship Types as it will save this record and begin the creation process again.