Deep Cloning is available for Practifi processes to make creating new processes easier for your organization. This article outlines the functionality around Deep Cloning, considerations, and how to Deep Clone a process. If you are interested in creating a process from scratch, please consult our Creating Processes article. For more information on process functionality, please consult our Understanding Processes article.
What is Deep Cloning?
Available from the Process Type record page, the Deep Clone action allows you to clone the Process Type, including all its related Process Tasks, Stages, Outcomes and Actions. This action makes it easy for System Administrators to issue new versions of an existing process or create variations of an existing Process Type without creating the entire process from scratch.
- The cloned Process Type retains the same name as the original Process Type but will have a new Code in the following format: <Initial letters of each word in the Process Type Name> - <incremental number>.
- For example, if you clone our standard Investment Plan Creation process type, the clone's Code will be IPC-1, or IPC-2 if the first one already exists and so on.
- The Deep Clone action has been added to the Practifi - Process Type Record Page as a part of this feature. If your firm has customized this page, you will need to add the action manually. You can refer to our default page as a point of comparison; it's still available to you from the Lightning App Builder section of Salesforce Setup.
- Locked Process Types within your Practifi organization can be Deep Cloned as the action will not be editing the locked Process Type.
How to Deep Clone a process
- Click the App Launcher in the left-hand corner and enter “Settings” into the search bar.
- Select the Settings app from the drop-down menu.
- Use the caret button next to the Navigation menu to select the Process Types option.
- Select the Process Name of the Process Type you would like to Deep Clone.
- On the Process Type Overview page, select the Deep Clone button located in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select Next on the Deep Clone pop-up to continue with the Deep Clone process.
- Select Finish on the success pop-up message to finalize the cloned Process Type creation.
- Before making changes, reselect Process Types from the Navigation menu and locate the cloned Process Type. Select the Process Name of the cloned process from this list.