**Note: This content is intended for system administrators and is technical in nature**
This article covers the necessary steps to create a new user profile and ensure the profile has the necessary licenses and permissions to view your Practifi instance.
- Confirming available licenses
- Creating the user profile
- Assigning permissions
- Assigning the Practifi license
- Adding the user to a division
Confirming available licenses
- Navigate to the Salesforce Setup page by clicking the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner of the page (represented by ) and select Setup.
- Use the Quick Find search bar on the upper-left side of the page to search for “Installed Packages.”
- Select the Installed Packages option located under the Apps > Packaging menus.
- On the Installed Packages table, locate the Practifi named package.
- If the number within the Allowed Licenses column is greater than the number within the Used License column, a license is available for use. If the number in both columns is the same, there are currently no licenses available.
- If you have reached the maximum number of licenses, you can do one of the following:
- Reach out to your CSM to order a new license, which should be made available within 24-48 hours once signed for by your firm.
- Remove a license from another user for reassignment to the new user. This is typically done when the new user is a replacement for an inactive user within your firm. For more information about making a license available from an inactive user, please consult our Deactivating Users article.
Creating the user profile
- Under Administration in the left-hand menu, select Users.
- In the Users drop-down, select Users.
- On the Users table, select New User.
- Enter the required user information into the following fields under the General Information section:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Alias – This field will auto-generate when clicked into after completing the First Name and Last Name fields. Change this value from the auto-generated value to an easily recognizable alias. For example, “Alberto” or “AlbertoS” instead of “asanch.”
- Username – This will auto-generate when selected after completing the Email field.
- Nickname – This will auto-generate when selected and should be changed to match the user’s alias.
- This must be set to a Salesforce license for an Admin user and cannot be set to Salesforce Platform.
- Practifi – Advisor
- Practifi – Client Service
- Practifi – Compliance
- Practifi – Management
- Practifi – Marketing
- Practifi – System
- Practifi – Team Member
- Once the user profile has been created, select the new user’s name from the Users list to view their user profile.
- Navigate to the Permission Set Group Assignments section on the user profile.
- In this section, select Edit Assignments.
- Select the name of the applicable permission set group from the Available Permission Set Groups. When the permission set group is selected properly, the name will highlight blue within the list.
- Select Add to move this permission set group to the Enabled Permission Set Groups list.
- Press Save to finalize the addition of this permission set.
- A pop-up menu for applying a Lightning Console license may appear. Select Continue to apply this permission set.
- For additional information about managing user permissions, please consult this article.
Assigning the Practifi license
- Navigate to the Managed Packages section located near the bottom of the user profile.
- Select the Assign Licenses button under this section.
- Locate Practifi under the Package Name column on the Unassigned Packages table and check the Action checkbox beside the Practifi name.
- Please note: The checkbox will be unavailable if you do not have sufficient licenses available.
- Select Add to apply this license to the user.
Adding the user to a division
- Use the App Launcher in the upper left-hand corner to Quick Find search for “Divisions.”
- Select Divisions under Items in the drop-down.
- On the Divisions table, locate the name of the division you would like the user to be placed within and select the name.
- On the side panel, select the Team Members. The page will navigate to a list of team members within this division.
- Select the New Division Member button in the upper right-hand corner of the team member table.
- Within the Team Member field, search for the new user's name and select the name from the drop-down results.
- Check the Primary checkbox to designate this division as the user’s primary division. A user may be included in multiple divisions but should have one primary division assigned.
- Select Save to add the user to the division.