**Note: This content is intended for system administrators and is technical in nature**
This article covers the necessary steps for making a user profile inactive within your Practifi instance and prevents the inactive user's access to your firm's information.
Deactivating the user profile
- Navigate to the Salesforce Setup page by clicking the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner of the page (represented by ) and select Setup.
- Under Administration in the left-hand menu, select Users.
- In the Users drop-down, select Users.
- Locate and select the Full Name of the user you are deactivating to enter their user profile.
- Select the Edit button located at the top of the user profile.
- Once in edit mode, deselect the Active check box. A pop-up message will occur on your browser page alerting you that deactivating users removes them from all delegated groups and sharing privileges. To proceed with the deactivation of the user, select the OK button on this pop-up message.
- Save the user profile.
- On the User Deactivation page that populates, select the checkboxes next to the options if you want the user removed from these teams. This step is optional.
- Select Save to finalize the deactivation of the user profile. Please note that after deactivating:
- The user remains in the full list of users on the Salesforce backend but displays as not active.
- The user still appears as a member of public groups until removed manually.
- Records will remain assigned and owned by the inactive user until ownership is transferred to others.
- The user’s profile remains in Chatter but displays as inactive. The user remains the owner of any Chatter group they owned until an admin reassigns ownership.
Removing Practifi license from inactive user
- Navigate to the User list under Administration > Users and use the View dropdown to change the view from “Active Users” to “All Users.”
- Select the Full Name of the user that was just marked inactive.
- Scroll to the Managed Packages section located near the bottom of the user profile and locate the Practifi package in this section.
- Select Remove in the Action column beside the Practifi name.
- A pop-up message will occur on your browser to ensure that you wish to remove the license from this user. To proceed, select OK on the message.
- The license is now removed from the user profile and available for reassignment to another user within your Practifi instance.