This article describes the tools available in Practifi for managing contact information across your households, organizations and individuals.
- Add email addresses, phone numbers and addresses as Contact Point records, allowing you to store as many of each as you need.
- Use the Map to Record field to sync Contact Points with a selection of standard fields found on the Individual, such as Mobile Phone or Postal Address, to make them more accessible in navigation, search, and other product areas such as the Outlook and Gmail side panes.
- Information can be added to standard fields from the Individual's record page directly, rather than creating Contact Point records, if there is only a small amount of information to capture.
- Use the Preferred Phone picklist to determine which standard phone number stored on the Individual record - Home, Mobile and Other - will be displayed alongside their name and other key details in places such as the Directory.
Managing households and organizations
- Use the Preferred Phone and Email picklists to determine which standard phone numbers and email addresses to display alongside the household/organization name and other key details in places such as the Directory.
- Choose either to map contact details from the Primary Contact, or capture them directly on the household/organization record's standard fields.
- Households and organizations do not support Contact Points.
These live in the Specifics section of the Individual record page, and because they're records themselves, you can store as many of them as you like against an individual without worrying about space running out.
- Email addresses, phone numbers and addresses each get their own section on the page .
- A New Record button  appears for each section. When creating a new record, you can capture additional information in the Usage Type and Description fields to help differentiate between Contact Points.
- The Edit and Delete actions  are located in the overflow menu each record has.
Map to Record
This field is found on Contact Point records, and it displays a selection of standard fields taken from the Individual record, e.g. Mailing Address or Mobile Phone. Selecting one of these will map the Contact Point record to that field, meaning that if you change the value in one place or the other, the two continue to stay in sync.
Only one Contact Point may be mapped to a standard field at once. If you try to map a second Contact Point to a standard field with an existing mapping, the old mapping will be lost, and the new Contact Point will be mapped instead.
These are the fields Practifi includes as standard, which allows them to be compatible with features such as Map to Record and Preferred Phone and Email. Standard fields can be populated using the Map to Record feature, or by entering contact details into them directly.
|Individuals||Households and organizations|
|Email, Alternate Email|
|Phone||Home Phone, Mobile Phone, Other Phone||Phone|
|Address||Mailing Address, Other Address||Postal Address, Location Address|
Alternate Email cannot be used to send emails when selecting an individual from within the email composer. Instead, you can click the email address from their record page to open the composer with the address prefilled.
Preferred Phone and Email picklists
Found on the record pages of all households, organizations and individuals (phone only), these picklist fields allow you to select which of the available values is considered to be the preferred one. Preferred email addresses and phone numbers appear in several places across the system:
- App pages such as Directory, Clients, Pipeline & Influence
- Search results
- The Household/Organization Members displayed in the Key Records tab, part of the Overview section on household and organization record pages
- The Contact Details section in the side pane on household and organization record pages
Individuals can choose whether Home Phone, Mobile Phone or Other Phone should be their preferred phone number. A picklist for email addresses is not provided, as the Alternate Email is assumed to not be preferred.
Households and organizations can choose either to map a standard field from their nominated Primary Contact, or to enter contact details into the fields directly, as per this table:
|Maps the Phone or Email field to the Primary Contact field of the same name, meaning that if you change the value in one place or the other, the two continue to stay in sync.||Primary Contact Home, Primary Contact Mobile, Primary Contact Other||Primary Contact Email|
|Enables the value in the Phone or Email field to be entered manually by the user.||Household Phone or Organization Phone||Household Email or Organization Email|