Our integration with Egnyte allows you to seamlessly manage client files and folders from within Practifi. Folders are automatically created for each client record, meaning you can upload, edit and delete files without leaving the application. This article outlines the steps for enabling the Egnyte integration in your Practifi organization. For information about using the integration, please consult our Using the Egnyte Integration article.
- Installing the Salesforce Application
- Assigning User Permissions
- Connecting to Egnyte
- Adding the Egnyte Section to Client and Prospect Records
Installing the Salesforce Application
- Click here to view the Egnyte for Salesforce application. Alternatively, open the AppExchange list from under Salesforce Classic.
- Select Get It Now and then enter your Practifi Salesforce credentials if prompted.
- You will be prompted to provide the name of the Egnyte server you wish to set up. This becomes part of the URL by which the firm will connect to Egnyte. For example, ABCDocuments.egnyte.com
- Choose Install in Production and then click confirm and install.
- Select Install for All Users, then click Install. The installation process may take some time to complete.
Assigning User Permissions
- From Practifi, click in the top-right corner on the cog icon and select Settings from the sub-menu.
- In the Quick Find search bar, search for and select Permission Sets. If under Lightning, find the same....
- Select the Egnyte User permission set.
- Click Manage Assignments.
- Click Add Assignments.
- Select the users you wish to have access to Egnyte, then click Assign. If the user is going to need to add the Egnyte component to Lightning panels they should also get the Egnyte Administrator permission set.
Connecting to Egnyte
Please note: When the step to authenticate the Egnyte domain is reached below, there may be a problem with the redirection step when using Chrome. If you encounter this, return to this step and log into Salesforce from another browser, for example, Firefox, and open the Egnyte app.
- From Salesforce Setup, select Egnyte from the app launcher in the top-right corner.
- For the EgnyteDomain Remote Site, complete the form as per the screenshot below, then click Save. The Remote Site URL is your Egnyte URL.
- Return to the Egnyte Domain Configuration tab and click Edit.
- Enter your Egnyte domain into the Egnyte Domain field. Your domain is the word that appears before ".egnyte" in your Egnyte URL. On clicking Save you will be redirected to an Egnyte login page.
- You will then be taken to an Egnyte login page. Enter your credentials to sign in to Egnyte. Please note that the user credentials provided must be for an Egnyte administrator, and for an account that does not have two-factor authentication enabled.
- This redirection process often returns an error message when using Google Chrome, so if you encounter any issues try a different browser.
- The administrator user is one that the firm might already have set up. It will also be the user who was set up if the firm set up their Egnyte server as a Trial (from their website).
- You will be brought back to Salesforce once this process is completed, with a message bar with a Continue button. Click Continue to complete the step.
An example of a correctly configured EgnytePackage Remote Site would appear as:
Adding the Egnyte Section to Client and Prospect Records
The steps required are outlined in detail in documentation accessible by the Practifi Customer Support team. The steps the team will complete are essentially as follows:
- First, locate a Client record in Practifi. This can be any Client record.
- Edit the Practifi Client record page and add a new Navigation section. Give it the title of Egnyte and add an icon.
- Search under Components and select the EgnyteComponent element. Drag this element to the Egnyte navigation section.
- Upon clicking Save, a message to Activate the updated page will appear. Click Activate, and select Assign to App, Record Type and Profiles.
- Under the App selections tick Advisor, Client Service, Management and Marketing apps. Click Next.
- Select all Form Factors, and select Next.
- Under Select Record Types select Individual Client, Household Client and Organization Client, and click Next.
- Under Selected Profiles select Standard User and System Administrator. Click Next. Review the Assignments, and click Save.
- Repeat the steps, first locating a Prospect record in Practifi.
- Add the Egnyte section and EgnyteComponents to the layout.
- At the step of selecting Record Types, select Household Prospect, Individual Prospect, Organization Prospect, and click Next.
- Finish the remaining steps.
Article is closed for comments.