**Note: This content is intended for system administrators and is technical in nature**
To reset a user’s password for them:
- Navigate to the Salesforce Setup page by clicking the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner of the page (represented by ) and select Setup.
- Under Administration in the left-hand menu, select Users.
- In the Users drop-down, select Users.
- Find the user that requires a password reset and select the checkbox next to their name.
- Click the Reset Password button. The user will receive an email that contains a link and instructions to reset the password.
A password created this way doesn’t expire, but users must change the password immediately when logging in for the first time.