The Feed is a collaborative tool where team members can '@mention' each other and provide ongoing commentary and updates within the context of a client. This functionality allows the team to collaborate around a Client record and removes the dependency on email. The Feed enables a quick view of everything going on with a Client, including notes, text, uploaded documents and files.
Keeping all commentary in one central place makes managing internal communication and tasks significantly easier, more efficient and effective. Feed posts are separated by topic and listed in chronological order with replies to posts grouped to encourage the flow of conversation between team members. The Feed also plays an important role in compliance, tracking important changes to the client and providing a central storage of file notes, statements, and other key documentation.
Accessing the Feed
The Feed is accessed through selecting the Feed icon on a Household, Individual or Organization record in the record side panel.
Selecting this icon in the side panel opens the Feed and displays any posts made to the entity record or any of the related records to them, such as tasks related to the household, individual or organization.
The Feed can also be accessed on certain records by selecting the Feed subtab within the record. Selecting this subtab will display all Feed posts made that are related to this individual record, rather than displaying all Feed posts made to the household, individual or organization.
Once selected from either of the locations above, the Feed page will display the following features:
- In this text space, write the update or information needed to share across your firm. To link to a record, enter / then start typing the record name. As you type the record name after the backslash, suggestions will appear. Select the record name from these options to attach the record to your Feed post.
- Edit the text by using the options in the formatting bar to bold, italicize, underline or strikethrough text. The last text option button will remove all text formatting selections. You also have the option to format text into bulleted and numbered lists by using the list buttons.
- Add photos, links, emojis, and tag users with these buttons. Tag a user in the text space to receive a notification by using the tag button or typing @ followed by a team member's name.
- Attach files, such as meeting notes, to the post using this button. Files attached to a Feed post can be from files already existing in your org or uploaded through the upload option given when selecting this option.
- Share the Feed post by clicking this button. Sharing the post will add it to the Feed display and notify any team members mentioned in the post.
- Feed display is where all posts related to the Household, Individual or Organization currently viewed will display.
Posts made on the Feed will also display on the Chatter page, where posts made company-wide can be viewed and any draft or bookmarked posts.
On the Feed page, posts will display in chronological order based on sort selection, such as Top Posts or Most Recent Activity, with the latest posts appear at the top of the Feed. The options to the left-hand side of the Feed change the posts that display based on the selection made. Any streams or recent groups that you have created or subscribed to will display beneath the view selections.
Currently, the size limit for files that are attached to Feed posts and comments is 2 GB. This size limit is set by Salesforce and is unable to be changed. Depending on your permission access, you may not be able to delete or edit posts from the Feed after a 15 minute window. Edits should be made to the post within this 15 minutes, as once this window has past the post will not be able to be deleted or edited by users that do not have permission access.
Feed mention and post notifications will display within your notification bell in the top-right corner of Practifi. These notifications will remain in the notification bell drop-down menu even after being marked as read.
The Feed feature, while visible in recurring tasks, is preempted by the creation of multiple records at once leading to a known Salesforce limitation that does not allow the Feed to function. If needing to create a Feed post on a recurring task, you will need to navigate to the individual recurring task record.