With the Practifi for Outlook Email integration, you’ll be able to effortlessly connect emails to client records, create new tasks, and more, all within your Outlook inbox. The setup is simple, with steps outlined below.
Note: This setup involves connecting your Outlook Email directly with the Salesforce Add-in.
Steps to get setup
NOTE: The ability to add Add-Ins to Outlook requires the Outlook to be connected to a Microsoft Exchange based email server (Exchange, Outlook.com, Hotmail.com. Onmicrosoft.com). Servers which are SMTP or IMAP based, like Gmail, will not enable this feature.
- While in your Desktop Outlook Email view, find the “Get Add-ins” Button in the top right hand corner of the navigation bar. Click “Get Add-ins”.
2. Look for the Salesforce Add-In in your Outlook Add-Ins Store. If it isn’t visible, try searching for “Salesforce” in the search box in the top right hand corner.
3. Once you find the Salesforce Add-In, click the “Add” button. Once completed, click the “Get Started” button that appears to continue your setup.
4. You’ll be prompted with some helpful tips on how to access your new Salesforce Add-in. We recommend reviewing these tips to make sure you get the most out of your setup.
5. Next, return to your Desktop Outlook Email view. Find the new Salesforce Icon in the top right hand corner of your navigation bar. Click “View”. From here, you’ll be prompted to login to Salesforce. Click “Log In to Salesforce” to continue.
6. You’ll then be prompted to confirm that you want to connect your Outlook Email to your Salesforce Account. Click “Confirm” if this is the correct Salesforce Account you use to access Practifi daily.
7. Once you link your Outlook Email with your Salesforce Account, you’ll then see a sidebar appear to the right of your inbox. From here, you’ll be able to log specific emails to contact and client accounts.
NB. Turn off 'Log Emails Faster' as this sometimes inhibits the linking of attachments.
8. If you’d like to lodge an email as an interaction but the contact and email address doesn’t already exist in your instance, you’ll have the option to create a new contact record directly from your inbox. From there you can lodge the interaction against either a new account or an existing account.
Your Salesforce Add-in for Outlook Email is now setup and ready to use!