Our integration with Tamarac allows you to keep your Practifi Clients, People & Asset records in sync with Tamarac’s Households, Clients & Accounts, as well as providing deep links from Practifi directly into Tamarac records. The information flow between systems functions as below:
🠜 Real-time 🠞
🠜 Real-time 🠞
Using the integration
Sending Clients & People to Tamarac
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Tamarac Salesforce app supports users viewing a linked Household in the Tamarac Reporting portal from within Practifi, using an Open in Tamarac button. However, this feature is only accessible to a user login which meets the following two criteria:
- Must have an Enterprise Administrator account in Tamarac, and;
- Must be a Practifi user of System Administrator Profile with the Customize Application permission assigned.
If meeting the above requirements for users lead to compliance and security issues, a client firm should deactivate this SSO feature, and remove the Open in Tamarac button. To view a Practifi client in Tamarac users instead should open a separate browser tab and log on directly to their Tamarac account and search for the client.
If this facility is available:
- Navigate to the Client or Person record you wish to send.
- Click the overflow menu icon to see the available actions, then click Send to Tamarac. If the record was sent previously, an Open in Tamarac button will be available instead.
- (Client only) Select the People you wish to send alongside the Client, then click Create Household in Tamarac.
Please note: Each contact that is sent to Tamarac must have a unique email address. You might encounter an error if there are two contacts with the same email address in Practifi and you attempt to send both of them to Tamarac. Tamarac does not allow multiple clients with the same email address.
- You'll receive a confirmation message, as well as an Open in Tamarac button to view the corresponding Tamarac Reporting record for that linked household.
- Please note that this feature of Single Sign On (SSO) to Tamarac Reporting is ONLY available to an user who has both an Enterprise Administrator account in Tamarac and is logging into Practifi as a System Administrator profile with the Customize Application Permission assigned. This limitation has been explained in https://success.practifi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000561335-Enabling-the-Envestnet-Tamarac-integration. A user who is not assigned with the Customize Application permission (only available to the System Administrator profile) in Practifi will encounter the following permission error:
Updating and viewing records
Whenever a synchronised field on the Client or Client Person record is updated in either Practifi or Tamarac reporting, the update is sent to the other system in real-time.
Clicking the Open in Tamarac button in Practifi will open the relevant Tamarac Reporting record in a new browser tab.
Receiving Assets from Tamarac
Assets are sent whenever a portfolio accounting sync is done in Tamarac Reporting. To initiate one manually:
- Navigate to the Sync From Portfolio Accounting System page from the Setup menu.
- Define the day range and other options, then click Sync.
- The Account records of all Households synchronised with Practifi will either be sent into the system, or have their values updated if they already exist.
Client - Household
|Client (Practifi)||Household (Tamarac)|
Client Person - Client
|Client Person (Practifi)||Client (Tamarac)|
|First Name||First Name|
|Middle Name||Middle Names|
|Last Name||First Name|
Asset - Account
|Account Number||Account Number|
|Current Value||Total Value|
Please sign in to leave a comment.