**Note: This content is intended for system administrators and is technical in nature**
To enable the PractiFI Midwinter integration:
- Contact Midwinter for environment details. They will provide the following:
- Adviser details for all users
- Authentication Secret
- API Endpoint URL
- To set up in PractiFI, navigate to Salesforce setup in the top right hand corner, then search for 'Custom Settings' in the Quick Find search.
- Select 'Manage' next to 'Midwinter Integration Settings'.
Set the following values by selecting 'New' and enter the following values:
- Authentication Secret as provided by Midwinter
- Default Midwinter Adviser = Leave blank or enter the Midwinter login username of a default adviser
- Enabled checkbox = True
- Endpoint URL as provided by Midwinter. This will define the Midwinter environment.
- Request Timeout = 120,000
- Verbose Logging checkbox = True. This will enable message logging. Logs are available under Salesforce tab 'Integration Logs'
Additional configurations can be set up for specific users or user profiles.
To configure the Midwinter integration:
Each adviser that uses Midwinter must be individually configured with the corresponding Midwinter username. If this is not done, the default Midwinter username used would be the one set up in the Custom Settings (if set).
- In Salesforce setup, go to Manage Users, then click Users.
- For each user that will be using Midwinter, click Edit, populate the 'Midwinter AdviserUser' field with the corresponding Midwinter login username, and click save.
- Repeat the process for each adviser.
- If the 'Midwinter AdviserUser' field does not display, you will need to add it to the Salesforce Page Layout.
Schedule the polling of portfolio holdings and / or insurance from Midwinter:
- Please contact PractiFI to enable Apex Scheduling.