Note: You must have Black Diamond configured to use this integration.
PractiFI's Black Diamond integration provides visibility of your clients’ portfolio positions, directly on their PractiFI client record. Black Diamond’s aggregated portfolio data is synchronised with PractiFI on an overnight basis.
To synchronise Black Diamond data with PractiFI:
- Navigate to the Data Management tab from the user menu
- Click on the Black Diamond tab in the side navigation menu. This will take you to a list of most recent synced records from Black Diamond. (Should you wish to manually sync records, you can always use the 'Sync from BD' button).
- Where there is a matched corresponding record in PractiFI, this will show under the Client column as a hyperlink. Where there is no matching corresponding record in PractiFI, you can create a new client record in PractiFI by clicking the pencil icon and then selecting the 'Create Client' checkbox.
- If you believe there is an existing client record in PractiFI that is not showing, you can search for the client by clicking the pencil icon and searching for the client name in the “Client Column”.
To see a client's Black Diamond portfolio data in PractiFI:
- Navigate to the Assets and Liabilities tab against a synced client record
- Click on the Black Diamond subtab to view Assets (if not already showing) - you will see a list of all assets held against that client record.
- Records that have been synced from Addepar will have a icon next to it.
- Click on a Black Diamond asset record to view it.
- You can then update/edit other fields against that asset (any synced fields will be overwritten on the next scheduled sync).
- Individual holdings information under the Asset is shown at the bottom of the table.