**Note: This content is intended for system administrators and is technical in nature**
The Box integration allows you to synchronise and access your Box documents within a client record in Practifi.
Two Box accounts are required to install the Box for Salesforce integration:
- Box Service Account:
- A Box account with Admin or co-admin privileges at a minimum.
- To be used exclusively for integration purposes and does not belong to an individual end-user.
- Owns the Salesforce content on Box and makes API calls from Salesforce to Box for the entire enterprise.
- If you don’t already have a Box Service Account, create one (i.e., add firstname.lastname@example.org as a managed user).
- Box User Account: to link a user’s Salesforce account to their Box account.
Note: The Service Account and User Account must be two different accounts (although both can be managed users in your enterprise). The integration will not allow you to log in with the same account in both places.
You will need Practifi System Administrator permissions to install and enable the Box integration:
- Install the Box for Salesforce app. (The Installation/User Guide is a useful resource to get started).
- Go to Salesforce setup (represented by ) in the Settings menu (top right menu).
- In the left-hand menu in the Salesforce interface, navigate to Manage Users -> Users.
- Select your username (as the Practifi System Administrator).
- Scroll down to the Permission Set Assignments section.
- Click Edit Assignments.
- Add the Box Admin and Box Standard permissions.
- Click Save.
- Go back to Salesforce Setup.
- Click the in the nav menu to show all apps.
- Click the Box Settings app.
- Connect a Box service account (this is your main practice administration login and should be separate from your user login). See 'Box Service Account' at the top of the page for more information.
- Choose a name for your root folder.
- Scroll down and connect your individual box user account.
To enable the integration in Practifi:
- Go to Practifi Settings.
- Go to Menu Items.
- Filter for 'Inactive'.
- Search for 'Box' and tick the checkbox under the column 'Active' for each of the three options.
- Click Save.