**Note: This content is intended for system administrators and is technical in nature**
Practifi's Xero integration allows you to easily create a client in Xero and access paid invoices within a client record in Practifi. You must have a Xero subscription to use this integration.
You will also need to have Practifi System Administrator permissions to install and configure the Xero integration.
This tutorial will show you how to enable the Xero integration in Practifi.
STEP 1: Obtain Xero login credentials
In this step you will set up your Xero account.
- Sign up for Xero (if you haven't already got an account) or ensure you have your Xero login credentials so you can link your account to Practifi.
STEP 2: Obtain Xero certificate in Salesforce
In this step you will be obtaining a Xero certificate in Salesforce.
- Go to Salesforce Setup from the User Menu.
- Search for certificate and select the Certificate and Key Management menu option.
- Click Create Self-Signed Certificate.
- Type in XeroCertificate in the Label field. Leave all other fields as default, then click Save.
- On the certificate page, click Download Certificate.
- Find the downloaded certificate in your default download folder.
STEP 3: Log into Xero
In this step you will be logging into Xero to start the certificate upload process.
- Go to https://developer.xero.com and select the MyApps from the menu bar.
- Log in using your Xero credentials.
STEP 4: Upload the certificate in Xero
In this step you will be uploading the Self-Signed Certificate that you created in Step 2.
- On the Setup an Application page, click Private.
- Then enter a name for your Practifi org (for example Practifi-CompanyName).
- Under X509 Public Key Certificate, select Upload Certificate File and select the downloaded certificate.
- Select Enable Payroll API for this organisation.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Click Save.
STEP 5: Get your Consumer Key
In this step you will acquire the Consumer Key.
- On saving the details provided in Step 4, you will see the OAuth credentials. Copy the the Consumer Key and keep it handy for later use.
STEP 6: Save the Consumer Key in Practifi
In this step you will be adding the Consumer Key to Practifi.
- Go to Salesforce Setup.
- Click Setup.
- Search for Custom Settings in Quick Find/Search.
- Click Manage on the Xero Credentials custom setting.
- Click New and fill in the fields as follows:
- Latest Invoice Sync: (leave this blank)
- Certificate Name: XeroCertificate
- Consumer Key: (paste the consumer key that you copied in Step 5)
- Endpoint: https://api.xero.com/api.xro/2.0/
- Invoice Instalment Type: SITINVOICE
6. Click Save.
STEP 7: Enable the integration in Practifi
In this step you will be enabling the Xero integration in Practifi.
- Go to Settings from the User Menu.
- Click Config in the sidebar.
- Click Edit.
- Tick the Enable Xero checkbox in the Xero section.
- Click Save.
STEP 8 (OPTIONAL): Synchronise Xero and Practifi client data
This step is only required if your have an existing Xero account. In this step you will be syncing both your Xero and Practifi client data with a dataload.
- If you have a pre-existing Xero organisation that you are synchronising to Practifi, you will have to store the Xero Client IDs in the Practifi client records. This will be done via a dataload and you will have to match client names in Xero and Practifi. Raise a support ticket for assistance with this.