When a new user is added to PractiFI, the user is assigned a profile and certain permission sets. Roles can be applied later based on specific requirements.
Visit the Comparing Roles, Profiles, and Permission Sets Salesforce developer documentation to understand these are used for.
This article explains PractiFI's standard profiles and permission sets.
What is a Profile?
Each user in PractiFI is set up with a profile. Profiles are a combination of various permissions and settings that determine the following:
- Level of functional access to the system - For example what tabs are accessible in PractiFI Settings, object-level permissions and field-level security.
- PractiFI UI - At a Glance Tiles, Sidebar and User Menu can also be customised differently for different profiles.
PractiFI has the following standard profiles:
- PractiFI Standard - This profile is assigned to users with the Salesforce Platform License. This allows read, create and edit object-level permissions for both standard and custom objects. It limits what is visible in Salesforce Settings and therefore limits the administrative and user permissions.
- PractiFI Super - This profile is assigned to users with the Salesforce Platform License and has a slightly higher level of access than the PractiFI Standard profile. In this profile, more tabs are visible in Salesforce Settings and users receive read, create, edit and delete object-level permissions.
- System Administrator - This profile is the standard Salesforce profile with the highest level of access and the most.
What is a Permission Set?
Permission sets are assigned to individual users. Therefore, users may share the same profiles but the permissions can be varied individually using permission sets. Permission sets are assigned to users to extend their capabilities.
The following are PractiFI's standard permission sets:
- Configure Rollups - Provides full configuration access to the rollup summaries.
- PractiFI Read-Only User - PractiFI permission set to be assigned to PractiFI read-only users.
- Process Rollups - Grant this permission set to end users that indirectly cause the rollup summaries to be executed. Such users can only read the rollup summary definitions, logs and scheduled entires.
- PractiFI Standard User - PractiFI permission set to be assigned to PractiFI Standard users.
- PractiFI Super User - PractiFI permission set to be assigned to PractiFI Super users.
- PractiFI Admin User - PractiFI permission set to be assigned to System Administrators.
- Web Enquiry - Gives permission for site guest users e.g. web enquiry form.
What is a Role?
By default, no roles are set up in PractiFi. You can configure roles to allow different levels of sharing records in PractiFI. This is done by setting up the role hierarchy for a user or a group of users. Go through the Salesforce documentation Controlling Access to Records to understand how roles are introduced.